Wednesday, December 10, 2008

would celebrate, but i can't afford the champaign

Alright. I have turned in the last set of papers for the semester. My first semester of grad school is officially over.

In celebration of this achievement found a renewed sense of energy, danced around in my underwear, did some cartwheels and decided to start a blog. Actually I came home and slept for 10 hours and then decided to start a blog, but what I wrote first sounds so much more interesting.

I catalogued my papers for this semester and have found out that I wrote around 115 pages between all my classes. So, what’s another page and a half every few days?

My essays included:
Three 15 pagers on various issues in Iraq
Two 7 page international theory papers
One 20 page paper on the Azeris in Iran
One 20 page paper on made-up political science-y words
Seven 2-3 page quick overviews written an hour before class on fairly ambiguous topics
One 9 page Take-home exam on various topics


Wow – even writing that down made me tired. Ah – well that’s what grad school’s about, right? Right? …

Now I’m done! Finito! Khalas! I have no idea how my grades will turn out, but no one cares about GPA anyway.
This is a lie, but I’m telling it to myself until I figure out how badly I sucked.

That’s all I have for now. I’m sure as I get bloggified my posts will (marginally) improve.

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment